Online Amtrak Schedules
Schedule effective: April 2, 2007
Reservations required on all trains. See your travel agent, call 1-800-USA-RAIL, or visit tickets.amtrak.com for reservations and fare information.
Chicago - Indianapolis - Cincinnati - Charleston - Washington - New York
Additional Washington-Chicago service available on the Capitol Limited
For additional service between New York and Chicago see the Lake Shore Limited schedule.
Indianapolis-Chicago service is available on this schedule on the
on days the Cardinal does not operate.
Scenic highlights along the route.
Services on the Cardinal.
[Back to schedule index]
R51 R51 Train number R50
Dp NYP Dp NYP Ar NYP
Su WeFr Days of Operation WeFrSu
Read down miles Read up
6:55a 6:45a 0 Dp New York, NY-Penn Sta. (ET) Ar 10:25p
P 7:13a P 7:05a 10 Newark, NJ D10:04p
P 7:47a P 7:40a 58 Trenton, NJ D 9:23p
P 8:21a P 8:16a 90 Philadelphia, PA-30th St. Sta. D 8:50p
P 8:47a P 8:41a 116 Wilmington, DE D 8:26p
P 9:35p P 9:29a 185 Baltimore, MD-Penn Sta. D 7:35p
11:19a 11:10a 225 Washington, DC 5:55
11:29a 11:29a 233 Alexandria, VA D 5:19p
12:03p 12:02p 257 Manassas, VA 4:35p
12:35p 12:35p 292 Culpeper, VA 4:00p
1:55p 1:55p 339 Charlottesville, VA (Richmond) 2:47p
2:57p 2:57p 379 Staunton, VA 1:31p
4:05p 4:05p 437 Ar Clifton Forge, WV Dp 12:19p
4:08p 4:08p Dp Ar 12:14p
5:00p 5:00p 471 White Sulphur Springs, WV 11:25a
F 5:31p F 5:31p 496 Alderson, WV F10:53a
6:01p 6:01p 516 Hinton, WV 10:23p
6:31p 6:31p 539 Prince, WV (Beckley) 9:53a
F 6:47p F 6:47p 550 Thurmond, WV F 9:36a
7:38p 7:38p 552 Montgomery, WV 8:45a
8:10p 8:10p 618 Charleston, WV 8:16a
9:35p 9:35p 667 Huntington, WV 7:09a
9:58p 9:58p 682 Ashland, KY (Kenova, WV) 6:14a
10:41p 10:41p 712 So. Portsmouth-So. Shore, KY 5:29a
11:36p 11:36p 765 Maysville, KY 4:36a
1:03a 1:03a 827 Ar Cincinnati, OH-Union Term. Dp 3:14a
1:10a 1:10a Dp Ar 3:02a
3:05a 3:05a 893 Connersville, IN (EST) 1:11a
4:44a 4:44a 950 Ar Indianapolis, IN Dp 11:55p
6:30a 6:30a Dp Ar 11:35p
F 7:28a F 7:28a 997 Crawfordsvile, IN F10:15p
8:02a 8:02a 1024 Lafayette, IN (EST) 9:43p
8:00a 8:00a 1071 Rensselaer, IN (CT) 7:41p
8:43a 8:43a 1117 Dyer, IN 8:57p
10:20a 10:20a 1146 Ar Chicago, IL-Union Sta. (CT) Dp 5:45p
Ar CHI Dp CHI
Mo ThSa Days of Operation TuThSa
D -- Stops to discharge passenger only
F -- Stops only on signal, or advance notice to conductor.
P -- Stops only to pick up passengers.
[Top of this page] [Return to schedule index]
Thruway Motorcoach Connections
- Richmond - Charlottesville
Richmond - Charlottesville
4051 Thruway Bus Number 4050
SuWeFr Days of Operation WeFrSu
R51 Connecting Train R50
12:00n 0 Dp Richmond, VA, Staples Mill Ar 4:30p
1:30p 69 Ar Charlottesville, VA (Union Sta) Dp 3:00p
Operated by James River Bus Lines.
[Top of this page]
[Back to schedule index]
- Coaches -- Reservations required.
- Sleeping cars:
- First Class Viewliner® Service.
- Reservations required.
- Fare includes meal service.
- Amtrak's Metropolitan Lounge®/Club Acela® available in Chicago and
Washington, D.C. for First Class Service passengers.
- Dinette -- Complete meals Washington - Chicago, sandwiches, snacks and beverages.
- Dinner not served on train 50, departing Chicago.
- Sandwiches, snacks, and beverages.
- Entertainment -- Guides provide scenic commentary between Charleston, WV and White Sulpher Springs, WV eastbound on Train 50.
- Smoking -- Smoking is prohibited entirely on this train. Passengers may smoke on station platforms as announced by train crews, and must remain next to the train, ready to board immediately upon hearing the sound of the locomotive horn and verbal "All Aboard" calls.
- Baggage -- No checked baggage
- Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains
- Shenandoah Valley
- World famous Greenbrier mountain resort
- "Wild and Wonderful" West Virginia vistas
- Scenic Ohio River and Indiana farmlands
Click here for service and travel information
from Amtrak's WWW page. Links above also take you to Amtrak's page.
[Top of this page]
[Return to schedule index]
These schedules are unofficial, but are authorized by Amtrak. Official schedules are available at www.amtrak.com|
While we try to keep this information correct and current, neither the authors, editor, and sysops, nor Amtrak can accept responsibility for errors and omissions in the on-line timetables.
For ticket pricing, ordering and seasonal time changes please visit www.amtrak.com or call 1-800-USA-RAIL
All Contents and Images © 1994 - 2006 by Daniel S. Dawdy and Ribbon Rail Productions
No part of this site may be used or reproduced on other sites or in print without the permission of