Online Amtrak Schedules
Schedule effective: April 2, 2007
Reservations required on all trains. See your travel agent, call 1-800-USA-RAIL, or visit tickets.amtrak.com for reservations and fare information.
(Washington, D.C.) Lorton--Sanford (Orlando, FL)
Other Florida schedules
Reservations required. See your travel agent, call 1-800-USA-RAIL, 1-877-SKIP-I-95, or visit tickets.amtrak.com for
reservations and fare information.
Only passengers with automobiles (including vans) or motorcycles permitted.
For information on auto size restrictions, availability of space for vans,
and for reservations, phone 1-877-SKIP-I-95, or see your travel agent.
Services on the Auto Train®
[Return to schedule index]
Train #53 Daily
4:00p 0 Dp Lorton, VA (autos must be checked in by 3:00pm
8:30a 855 Ar Sanford, FL Oversized vehicles/motorcycles and trailers by 2:00pm)
Train #52 Daily
4:00p 0 Dp Sanford, FL (autos must be checked in by 3:00
8:30a 855 Ar Lorton, VA Oversized vehicles/motorcycles and trailers by 2:00pm)
IMPORTANT: Auto Train® departs each terminal at 4:00pm,
but vans will not be accepted after 2:00pm and automobiles will not be accepted after 3:00pm.
Automobile restrictions apply
- Autos must have 4 inches ground clearance and must not exceed 65 inches high. Autos exceeding height restrictions must reserve oversized vehicle space. Low ground restrictions, which include custom or low profile wheels, may be refused.
- A limited number of spaces are available to handle oversize vehicles; these must be
specifically reserved in advance. Maximum height for oversized vehicles is 89 inches. Maximum width from outsides of tires is 84 inches.
- Motorcycles can now be carried on Auto Train®. Only factory-standard, two-wheel motorcycles can be accepted. All motorcycles must have at least 5 inches clearance between the lowest portion of the frame and the bottom of the tires. Motorcycles with windshields cannot exceed 57.5 inches in height. Motorcycles with sidecars are not permitted. Passengers must assist with securing and removing their motorcycles.
- Amtrak cannot carry autos with temporary luggage racks or bicycle racks
or with luggage or bicycles loaded on roof. Empty factory-installed
racks are acceptable if they fit within the specified height limit.
- There is no access to automobiles once they are loaded onto the train:
passengers should carry an overnight bag on board including any
necessities for the train trip.
Click here for service and
travel information from Amtrak's WWW page.
Links above also take you to Amtrak's page.
- Reservations required.
- Complimentary dinner and continental breakfast available in diner.
- Sleeping Cars:
- First Class Superliner® service.
- Reservations required.
- Deluxe, special, family, and economy bedrooms.
- Complimentary dinner with wine and continental breakfast.
- Dining Car -- Complete dinners and continental breakfast.
- Lounge Car -- Snacks, and beverages
- Video entertainment -- Feature movies in lounge cars
- Railfone -- Public telephone service available..
- No checked baggage on the Auto Train®.
- Passengers may carry an overnight bag on board
- Baggage may be packed and locked inside your automobile
- Smoking -- Smoking is permitted only in a closed room on the lower
level of the lounge cars.
[Top of this page] [Back to schedule index]
These schedules are unofficial, but are authorized by Amtrak. Official schedules are available at www.amtrak.com|
While we try to keep this information correct and current, neither the authors, editor, and sysops, nor Amtrak can accept responsibility for errors and omissions in the on-line timetables.
For ticket pricing, ordering and seasonal time changes please visit www.amtrak.com or call 1-800-USA-RAIL
All Contents and Images © 1994 - 2006 by Daniel S. Dawdy and Ribbon Rail Productions
No part of this site may be used or reproduced on other sites or in print without the permission of