Online Amtrak Schedules
Schedule effective: April 2, 2007
Reservations required on all trains. See your travel agent, call 1-800-USA-RAIL, or visit tickets.amtrak.com for reservations and fare information.
Amtrak's Illinois Service
City of New Orleans, Illini and Saluki
Reservations required. See your travel agent, call 1-800-USA-RAIL, or visit tickets.amtrak.com for reservations and fare information.
and information for Metra available
Services on these trains.
[Return to schedule index]
City of City of
Saluki Illini Orleans Train Name Orleans Saluki Illini
391 393 59 Train Number 58 390 392
Daily Daily Daily Days of Operation Daily Daily Daily
Read down Read up
9:15a 4:05p 8:00p 0 Dp Chicago, IL (Union Sta.) CT Ar 9:00a 1:00p 9:35p
M 9:56a M 4:46p M 8:54p 25 Homewood, IL M 7:44a D 11:424p D 8:17p
10:22a 5:12p F 9:23p 57 Kankakee, IL F 7:13a 11:15p 7:50p
10:44a 5:34p ---- 82 Gilman, IL ---- 10:53p 7:28p
11:10a 6:00p ---- 115 Rantoul, IL ---- 10:27p 7:02p
11:25a 6:15p 10:34p 129 Champaign-Urbana, IL 6:10a 10:14p 6:49p
12:05p 6:55p F11:13p 174 Mattoon, IL (Charleston) F 5:23a 9:31p 6:06p
12:29p 7:19p F11:37p 201 Effingham, IL F 4:57a 9:07p 5:42p
1:16p 8:06p F12:25a 254 Centralia, IL F 4:10a 8:23p 4:58p
1:49p 8:39p ---- 289 DuQuoin, IL ---- 7:51p 4:26p
2:45a 9:35p 1:21a 310 Ar Carbondale, IL Dp 3:16a 7:30a 4:05p
To New From New
D -- Stops to discharge passengers only.
F -- Stops only on signal, or advance notice to conductor.
M -- Passengers not carried locally between Homewood and Chicago except
when connecting at Chicago with other Amtrak trains. Connections at
Homewood with Metra Electric commuter rail to Chicago (Randolph Street Sta.).
[Top of this page] [Back to schedule index]
Amtrak Thruway Connecting Services:
[Top of this page]
[Back to schedule index]
the Illini and Saluki
-- Reservations required.
- Midwest Business Class:
- Reservations required.
- Deluxe coach seating
- Complimentary newspaper and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Cafe Service -- Sandwiches, snacks, and beverages,
- A limited number of spaces are available to transport unboxed bicycles.
- Reservations required; service charge applies.
- Passenger assists in loading, securing, and unloading bicycle.
- Baggage -- No checked baggage handling on this train.
- Smoking -- Smoking is prohibited on this train.
service on the City of New Orleans (Trains 58 and 59)
here for service and travel information from Amtrak's WWW page. Links above
also take you to Amtrak's page.
- Coaches -- Reservations required.
- Sleeping cars:
- First Class Superliner Service
- Reservations required.
- Amtrak's Metropolitan Lounge available in Chicago, and private waiting
area available in New Orleans for First Class Service passengers.
- Dining Car -- Complete meals
- Sightseer Lounge -- Sandwiches, snacks, and beverages
- Entertainment -- Feature movies, games, and hospitality hour
- Trails and Rails Program -- In a cooperative effort with the
National Park Service, an interpretive guide provides a narrative along the
route (weekends only through May).
- Baggage -- Checked baggage is handled at Chicago, Champaign-Urbana,
- Smoking -- Smoking is prohibited entirely on this train. Passengers
may smoke on station platforms as announced by train crews, and must remain
next to the train, ready to board immediately upon hearing the locomotive horn
and verbal "All Aboard" calls.
[Top of this
page] [Back to schedule index]
These schedules are unofficial, but are authorized by Amtrak. Official schedules are available at www.amtrak.com|
While we try to keep this information correct and current, neither the authors, editor, and sysops, nor Amtrak can accept responsibility for errors and omissions in the on-line timetables.
For ticket pricing, ordering and seasonal time changes please visit www.amtrak.com or call 1-800-USA-RAIL
All Contents and Images © 1994 - 2006 by Daniel S. Dawdy and Ribbon Rail Productions
No part of this site may be used or reproduced on other sites or in print without the permission of